Power up your mornings!
Start every morning with natural energy. We’ve experimented with lots of variations of green shakes to bring you a formula that’s packed full of nutrients, tastes great and doesn’t spike your blood sugar! Watch out for excessive fruit in conventional smoothies!
You will need:
A blender, knife, chopping board.
Mix and match our suggestions below to keep adding variety to your diet.
- A handful of spinach/ kale/ beet greens
- Juice of 1/2 a lime/ lemon
- 1 kiwi/ handful of berries
- 1/2 an avocado or for beginners 1/2 a green banana (buy them green and freeze them for more fibre and less sugar)
- 1/6 of a cucumber/ 1 stick of celery (optional)
- 1/2 a thumb of ginger (optional)
- 5 sprigs of parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp of spirulina or wheatgrass powder
- 200ml of water/ coconut water
- 200ml of unsweetened coconut/ almond milk
- 5 ice cubes (if drinking immediately)
- 1 scoop of Form Nutrition Protein Powder
Add all ingredients listed above into your blender.
Blitz for 30 seconds.
Enjoy immediately or pop in the fridge for later.
Caution: Side effects can include; unusually high energy, excessive smiling and possible bowel movements (there’s a lot of fibre in there, I don’t want you to be caught short on the way to work!)
Try it out and let me know what you think by commenting on our DayOne Wellness Facebook Group.
Dedicated to simplifying wellbeing,
Pip & The DayOne Wellness Team
Educate, Empower, Exceed