Homemade Frozen Yoghurt
My nutritional kryptonite is ice cream!
I cannot have it in the house because I know my willpower is no match for the cooling naughtiness on a hot summer’s day. And boy hasn’t the summer started well? So this delicious, quick and easy to make dessert is perfect.
However, it really is the cooling bit I crave the most, so this year I’m experimenting with homemade frozen yoghurt. Double the nutrition, half the sugar and no nasty chemicals – that’s what we call an upgrade!
You will need: Food processor, knife, chopping board.
- 500g fruit of your choice.
- 450g of full fat greek yoghurt – if your fat-phobic watch this.
- 2 tbsp local honey.
- Juice & zest of 1 lime.
- Prepare strawberries by cutting off the stalks.
- Add strawberries and lime to food processor, blend for 2 minutes, pour into container and chill for 1 hour.
- Add all ingredients back into the food processor and blend for 2-5 minutes until creamy.
- Pour mixture into a container/ lolly moulds and allow to set for 1-2 hours.
- Next time you get an ice-cream craving or have guests over for a BBQ, serve up these delights and enjoy them knowing as well as the cooling sensation your waistline, energy levels and mood will remain stable!
Get creative, try some of these combos:
- Banana (4 ripe), peanut butter (2tbsp) & cacao powder (2tsp).
- Orange and Pineapple.
- Banana and coconut.
Have fun creating!
And if you need any empty ice cream tubs, you know where to come – I told you it was my kryptonite!!
Pip & The D1 Team
P.s. I’m trying these next https://www.justataste.com/peanut-butter-frozen-yogurt-pops-recipe/
Dedicated to simplifying wellbeing,
Pip and The DayOne Wellness Team
Educate yourself. Empower others. Exceed together.
To stay up to date with all the DayOne Wellness Blogs, News and Events sign up to our Monthly Newsletter by following the link.