These homemade endurance bars are perfect for any health-conscious individual who’s about to take part in a physical challenge lasting more than 90minutes. In my opinion, less than 90-minutes and you’ll be fine on just water or water with an electrolyte tablet – my homemade alternative to this is 200ml of fresh beetroot/ pomegranate juice + pinch of salt, topped up with water.
10 minutes + Freezing time.
You will need.
A food processor. A baking pan. Baking paper. A spoon. A freezer.
Ingredients – Makes 8 bars.
- 200g of dates pitted and soaked for 10 minutes in warm water.
- 100g of your D1 Chia Porridge Mix
- 200g of almond butter or your favourite nut butter.
- pinch of quality sea salt.
- 20 g coconut flakes (optional)
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Drain the dates and add all ingredients to the food processor.
- Blend until your mixture becomes a sticky ball.
- Transfer to your pan and press down firmly.
- (optional) sprinkle coconut flakes on the top of your mixture.
- Freeze for 20-25minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into at mammoth bars or 16 squares.
Top tip: Wrap each individual bar in baking paper then cling film, twisting the top of the clingfilm for easy access.
If you liked this post, you’ll love our 14 day Recalibrate Wellbeing challenge that has even more recipes, exercise tips and training videos on how to achieve optimal mental and physical wellbeing. Enrol here —> RW14Challenge.
Pip & The D1 Team
Educate Yourself. Empower Others. Exceed Together!