Soups are a great way to feel fuller and warmer in the Winter months. This courgette soup is perfect for a warming lunch or dinner party starter. You can eat it straight from the pan or prepare it for a busy week in ahead.
You will need.
- A saucepan
- A Frying pan/wok
- Chopping Board
- Vegetable peeler
- Cheese Grater
- 3 courgette’s
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 small Swede
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- Veg stock cube
- 100g of firm tofu (optional)
- 10g Hard goats cheese (optional)
- Chop vegetables.
- Sweat onion in a little bit of butter.
- Add sweet potatoes, Swede, and 3/4 of the courgettes, fennel seeds, 1/2 the rind of the lemon and all the juice, then fry for 3mins
- Add the stock cube and cover veg with water.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 25mins.
- Whilst soups simmering add a small amount of butter or coconut oil to a frying pan and fry remaining courgettes and tofu for 5mins until charred.
- Blitz soup.
- Pour soup into a bowl, top with fried courgettes and tofu, grate the cheese on top and enjoy!
Other tatsy soup recipes are available in the Soup and Smoothie Section of the DayOne Wellness Blog.
Dedicated to making sustainable health simpler.
Pip and The DayOne Wellness Team.
For more nourishing recipes, wellbeing tip and D1 news sign up to our Monthly Newsletter Here.